USFSG is confident that charities / nonprofit organizations improve the quality of life for everyone and everything. USFSG is honored to assist charities / nonprofit organizations and donors in facilitating a program that will increase donations for the general good of mankind. We strive to live by our motto everyday; “People don’t really care how much you know until they know how much you care.”
About the National Council of Nonprofits:
To create a better place for people to live - one that is socially just and equal - and serve as a vehicle for improving lives and communities.
The National Council of Nonprofits advances the vital role and capacity of the nonprofit sector in civil society and supports and gives voice to state and regional associations of nonprofit organizations.
At a Glance
National Council of Nonprofits is the network of state and regional nonprofit associations serving more than 20,000 member organizations. The National Council links local organizations to a national audience through state associations and helps small and midsize nonprofits:
Programs and Services include:
- Manage and lead more effectively.
- Collaborate and exchange solutions.
- Engage in critical policy issues affecting the sector.
- Achieve greater impact in their communities.
- Public Policy - The National Council informs nonprofits about legislation and regulation affecting the nonprofit sector and about ways to get involved in advocacy efforts. In addition, the National Council actively participates in coalitions and campaigns at the state and national level, and works to increase the role of nonprofits in the policy process. Our public policy platform is outlined in Nonprofit Agenda: A Blueprint for Action.
- Technical Assistance and Tools - The National Council provides technical assistance to state association members and the general public through direct requests for assistance, web and audio conferencing, and tools, such as a contact management database. Our website, www.councilofnonprofits.org, is a clearinghouse for information on state associations and the sector.
- Publications - The National Council publishes What You Need To Know, a member e-newsletter, and Toolkits and case stories on topics, such as evaluation, public policy and advocacy, and media relations. Additional signature publications include Nonprofit Policy News, a policy e-newsletter highlighting critical nonprofit issues at the state and federal level; and the annual Legislative Overview, which summarizes state and federal policy changes and trends.
- Research - The National Council conducts research and analyzes information to communicate the value of state associations and the nonprofit sector. Projects include the United States Nonprofit Sector report, the Member Mapping Survey, and State of the Sector Reports.
- Special Events - The National Council hosts an annual Member Meeting that brings state association leaders together to chart a course for the network and the sector. The National Council also participates in numerous events with national and statewide partners and provides trainings and webinars on select topics.
- Thought Leadership - The National Council is a valued resource to congressional leaders, national peers, and the media, and is regularly sought out for its informed and objective analysis on the charitable sector.
- Nonprofit Congress - The Nonprofit Congress, an initiative of the National Council of Nonprofits and the state association network, empowers individuals and nonprofits to act collectively for positive change. Building on the fundamental belief that nonprofits are vital to society, the Nonprofit Congress is guided by shared values and priorities established by nonprofits in communities across the country.